COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The information we learn from clients allows us to personalize and continually improve the total experience at TRANSATLANTIC GLOBAL LOGISTICS INC.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
· Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. Information that we collect can include: items searched for; names and addresses; e-mail addresses; searching patterns; any reviews submitted and accompanying information; credit card information; and financial information, including accounts at financial institutions. This list is not exclusive and may be altered without notice based on information that you supply.
· Right to Refrain from Giving Information: You have a right to refrain from giving us certain information, but consequently you will not be able to take advantage of all of our features. We use the information that you provide to enhance our services, such as responding to your requests and improving our website experience for you and others.
· E-mail Communications: We may communicate and make special offers available via e-mail. To help us make e-mails more useful, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from TRANSATLANTIC GLOBAL LOGISTICS INC.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We often receive e-mail lists from other companies who offer similar services to ours. To avoid sending duplicate e-mails to our clients, we compare our client list to lists received from other companies. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your e-mail contact preferences.
· Information from Other Sources: From time to time, we receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
· More about Cookies: Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide enhanced features. All web browsers have the ability to accept cookies, reject cookies or to prompt the user before accepting them. The Help portion of your browser’s toolbar will tell you how to select the option that suits you best. Disabling the acceptance of cookies will not allow you to take full advantage of some of the best and most advanced features that we have to offer, so we recommend that you leave them turned on.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
The information that we collect about our clients is an important part of our business. We respect and value this information, and we do not want to jeopardize the flow of information between our clients and the site. Therefore, we are not in the business of selling this information to other websites or businesses. There are circumstances where we do share some client information, and this is outlined immediately below.
· Disclosure Regarding Service Providers: TRANSATLANTIC GLOBAL LOGISTICS INC may contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting this website and product review pages, sending out information or promotional offers that may be of interest to you (e.g. via e-mail, direct mail, or on mobile devices), processing credit card payments, and analyzing this website. We provide these companies with only those elements of your personal information they need to deliver those services. These companies and their employees are prohibited from using that personal information for any other purpose.
· Disclosure Regarding Other Third Parties: In some cases, we will make your personal information available to third parties who have products or services that we believe will be of interest to you. If you later decide that you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, you can contact us.
Securing your personal information is important to us. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to secure your information. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, and there is always a risk in transmitting information electronically. The personal information we collect is stored within databases that we control directly or through our service providers. To protect your information, we use security measures, such as firewalls and encryption technology, consistent with industry standards. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we can guarantee neither the security of our databases nor that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Of course, any information to you post to any message board, discussion group or other public posting area on this website is available to anyone with Internet access.
If you create an account on TRANSATLANTIC GLOBAL LOGISTICS INC.com, you may be asked to choose a password for your account, in which case your online account information shall be protected by your password. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.
USER ACCESS TO INFORMATION
When you access your account, there is a variety of information that you may see. This is designed to allow you to update any changed information and view the information that you entered previously. This information is sensitive, and it is necessary to both protect this information and keep it current in order to have the best experience at our site.
USER CHOICES WITH REGARD TO ACCESS OF INFORMATION
You have the right to refrain from providing any information. This may have an impact on use of the site and on the ease of taking advantage of certain unique features of the site.
· Prior Information: You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the “User Access to Information” section above. When you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
· Cookie Choices: The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. However, affecting the acceptance of cookies means that you will not be able to use certain important features of our website.
If you are under 18, you may use TRANSATLANTIC GLOBAL LOGISTICS INC.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES AND REVISIONS
EXAMPLES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
Information is collected from you when you do any of the following activities: search, buy, bid, post a review or opinion, participate in a questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: search, update information in your account settings, call or e-mail customer service, submit a review, participate in a discussion or chat, provide employer information when opening a corporate account, specify a date reminder, and employ other notification services. As a result of any of the above actions, it is possible that you will supply us with such information as: your name, address and phone numbers; credit card information; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
Occasionally, we supplement the information that we receive with information from other sources and companies. Examples of information we receive from other sources include: search term and search result information from searches conducted through the web-search features; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some clients.